Disney Thieves must be EPCAUGHT

Criminals are a superstitious cowardly lot. For that reason, they prefer to perpetrate their pilferages under the cover of night and avoid stepping on cracks for fear of breaking their mothers’ backs.

Last Saturday night, my girlfriend and I caught a showing of Scott Pilgrim vs the World. In the film, Scott Pilgrim (Michael Cera) must defeat Ramona Flowers’ seven evil exes if he has any hope of being with the girl of his dreams. Scott Pilgrim mixes video game culture with anime sensibilities and a quirky sense of humor that rewards the audience’s otherwise useless knowledge of pop culture.

We both liked the movie; however, our enjoyment was short-lived. When we returned to the car, we immediately realized something was askew. The pink Disney Princess antenna topper that normally adorned the rear of my girlfriend’s car was absent.

“The wind?”

“A bird?”

No. We both knew the truth. The topper had been stolen.

I checked around the car in an act of futility. Antenna toppers, Disney-themed ornaments in particular, are big business in Central Florida. Scanning the surrounding vehicles, I didn’t see a single topper floating above the autos. It was clear that we had been the victim of a roaming band of antenna topper burglars. Their bounty was ample that night.


The theft has made me appreciate my own car topper even more. Kermit has proudly sat atop my car for well over a year. His original vibrant green has faded and his decal is peeling, but I can’t imagine my car without his ever present smile.   

Does your car feature a topper upon its antenna? If so, do you worry about your topper being pillaged? What can we do to better protect our foamy friends? Register your answers in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment